The section's responsibilities and functions:
- Handling the drafting and preparation of Research Agreements, Non Disclosure Agreements and Material Transfer Agreements.
- Handling the drafting and preparation of Intellectual Property Ownership Agreements, Intellectual Property Licensing Agreements, Intellectual Property Assignment (Sale) Agreements.
- Handling the drafting and preparation of Tenancy Agreements.
- Handling the drafting and preparation of agreements under Penerbit and Pertanika.
- Handling the preparation of other legal documents.
- Provide legal advice on any transactions that the University wishes to enter into with respect to research, intellectual property and publications.
- Provide legal advice on the University Constitution, Statutes, Rules and Regulations relating to research, intellectual property and publications.
- Monitor and supervise administrative and management matters under the Legal Section of the Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Research and Innovation).
- Provide legal advice in writing within 30 working days from the date of receipt of complete documents for the legal issue referred.
- Reply to draft legal documents such as research agreements, non-disclosure agreements, intellectual property ownership agreements and commercialization agreements within 14 working days from the date of receipt of complete documents.
Updated:: 05/10/2021 [salehaharon]